Guymast Inc. does not yet have a stand-alone program for monopole design and analysis, but GUYMAST® can be used for this purpose.
Here are some tips for using GUYMAST® in the design and analysis of monopoles:
- In the MAST DATA table enter the following special data:
- 1 for NO OF LEGS
- zero (0) for AREA OF ONE LEG
- outside pole diameter for FACE WIDTH
- pole thickness for PANEL HEIGHT
- Poisson's Ratio for AREA OF ONE DIAG
- Provide one guy for each change in section
Note: Choose the smallest guy cable available, use a low value of tension, and disregard the guy results from the analysis.
- Add a point load of zero at any additional elevation where you require results
- Add a MAST RESTRAINTS AT SUPPORT table in each loading condition with one line of data:
Training is also available for users who want more details on how to use GUYMAST®.