Guymast Inc. is please to announce the general availability of its new software, GUYMAST®-G, for the analysis of towers using the TIA/EIA-222-G standard.
GUYMAST®-G represents a major effort on the part of Guymast Inc. to improve every aspect of its software.
The new screen-input module is the most visible update, but behind the scenes Guymast has begun the introduction of a common spatial frame analysis engine capable of analyzing latticed and tubular self-supporting and guyed towers.
Check out the Features and Coming Attractions sections below for more on what is included in the current release of GUYMAST®-G and what features are planned.
GUYMAST®-G has "Gone Gold" which means it is production-ready, and can be trusted to exhibit the same quality you have come to expect from Guymast software over the years.
With GUYMAST®-G, Guymast Inc. has introduced a new licensing model that makes GUYMAST®-G a natural fit for every organization:
- lower initial investment (a GUYMAST®-G license costs less than half the license fee for Tower)
- dedicated Support, and regular Updates and Maintenance are included for one year from the purchase date (one year SUM plan included)
- continuation of the SUM plan beyond the first year may be purchased on a yearly basis for 15% of the then-current purchase price of GUYMAST®-G
- if you choose not to continue the SUM plan you can keep using the version of GUYMAST®-G you have licensed
- if you want to rejoin the SUM plan you can¤
¤Catch-up fees may apply.
To purchase, or inquire about purchasing, a license for GUYMAST®-G email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 416-736-7453.
- import models from previous Guymast software
- when creating a new project you can base it on a tower that was previously modelled in MASTLOD™ using the "Load From .DAT File" option
- screen input module
- on-screen table layout eliminates the need for secondary reference material (e.g. table formats and layout) and memorization
- range checking for each piece of data, as it is entered, helps catch obvious input errors as they occur, improving efficiency
- consistency checking before analysis begins, diagnoses modelling errors directly, also improving efficiency
- built-in file management removes the need for handling all the different types of files, click a button to run the analysis, and then another to view reports in text and graphical formats
- improved modelling options
- group Discrete Appurtenances (formerly Other Mountings) so that the loads from your antenna mount, ice guard, etc. is reported as a single unit
- freedom in positioning your Linear Appurtenances (Transmission Lines and Ladders) any way you like by specifying a distance and azimuth at the top of the appurtenance as well as at the bottom
- take advantage of Revision G's Transmission Line Clusters to reduce the loads applied to the tower due to such configurations
- specify complete Material Properties including Elastic Modulus, Strength (Fu, Fy), and a Temperature Coefficient to facilitate strength calculations
- advanced graphical reporting
- export to AutoCAD*: tower profile and plan view drawings
- view graphical representations of forces in guyed towers, in formats previously reserved for self-supporting towers, and vice versa
- for towers that require the consideration of pattern loading under TIA-222-G, view the load patterns applied
- based on the original Guymast software
(existing features are still available)
- layered approach to toward modelling: provide properties by elevation for geometry, materials uses, material resistances, and exposure factors
- specific modelling of ladders, transmission lines, microwave antennas, and passive reflectors
- complete freedom in modelling generic discrete appurtenances and providing pre-calculated loads for everything else
- and many more ...
return to top
- analysis of tubular structures
- for self-supporting and guyed monopoles
- special handling of flanges and access holes
- full integration with GUYMAST®-G
- automatic generation of plan and profile views with the export to AutoCAD* feature available
- modelling of special appurtenances from Revision G
- plane frame and truss type mounting frames
- symmetrical latticed platforms
- low profile platforms
- circular ring platforms
- support for latticed leg structures
- enhanced tabular output and improved control of tabular output
- calculation of component strengths
- seismic consideration
- seismic analysis
- project browser to view relevant information from across multiple projects
return to top
* AutoCAD is a registered trademark of Autodesk.
(click on a thumbnail:
a new window will open)
project setup dialog: provide meta data about your project, and TIA-222-G-specific information
new screen-based interface: as requested by users
data verification on entry: reduces time for analysis turnaround
built-in file management: focus on project, not file names
group Discrete Appurtenances: model assemblies of components more conveniently
more control in positioning Linear Appurtenances: model Ladders and Transmission Lines exactly as they appear on the tower
Transmission Line Clusters: new approach available in EIA-222-G
more Material Properties: to allow for calculation of component strength
export to AutoCAD*: reduce drafting time and adapt the graphics to your needs